Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Study! Study! Study!

After trolling some poker forums and blogs, I've noticed that everyone has given into making sure part of their poker career is to be part playing and part studying. A great guide can be found on the cardschat website and talks about how you should try to play 2/3 times and study 1/3 times, so if you play poker for 2 hours, try to get 1 hour in of studying. Now, this doesn't always mean from reading a poker book. But that is a great start! Part of studying can be done just by even going over your own hand history. If you're not sure about a certain hand or you're looking for guidance post it up on the cardschat forums and let others help you out. The key is to never be "too good" to ask for help.

Anyways, Myself I have recently finished Phil Gordons:Little Blue Book, which was an amazing read and I recommend it to everyone from experienced players to beginners. Luckily today I went to the movies and right across the street is a Chapters book store, so while we were waiting for our movie to start I ran across and picked up a new book. It's called "Power Hold'em Strategy" by Daniel Negreanu. However it looks like many other poker players also put in their input. It looks like it's going to be a good read and have had others recommend this book.

In other news, I've decided to stay away from SnG's and just play the MTT and actually work on my RING games. I'll be starting at .10/.20NL and on Titan Poker the max buy in is $20. So I'll keep you updated on how this goes. I also downloaded the trial for hold'em manager. I've never used a HUD before, so its going to be a task getting it to work, But im sure it's not too complicated. Hopefully I can be posting some stats later this week with some nifty graphs for you to look at aswell.

That's all for now, remember to STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!

1 comment:

  1. yo dude nice to see you on the blog train.
    hope you have a sweet 09
    Jurn8 from CC btw

    Jake

    ReplyDelete